Monday 10 September 2012

I'm coming!!!

I'm so glad to be in Brazil while these 2 events are happening:

- Bienal Sao Paulo 2012: arts event, I believe one of the biggest if not the bigger in Latin America.

Can't wait to come, specially, I want to see the pieces of one of the hippest brazilian artists nowadays- Adriana Varejao. She's been so well regarded to a point to have a gallery for her name in Inhotim. Well, let me talk about Inhotim. I have never been there YET, but it's one of the places I want to go the next time I come to Brazil in November! It seems to be simply AMAZING!! It's an outdoors Contemporary Art Institute and Botanical Garden, located in Minas Gerais- south east Brazil.
Adriana Varejao

Adriana Varejao

Adriana Varejao

Adriana Varejao Gallery- Inhotim

Adriana Varejao

Bienal Sao Paulo 2012

Bienal Sao Paulo 2012- Ibirapuera

Bienal Sao Paulo 2012

Adriana Varejao

Bienal Sao Paulo 2012

Bienal Sao Paulo 2012

Adriana Varejao











- "Outras Ideais para o Rio - OIR (Other ideas for Rio)": it has started on our Independency Day (Sep 7th) and it's about transforming Rio in a "open sky art gallery". 4 gigantic sculptures are placed in important locations around the city. I'm very curious about the gigantic head, created by the spanish Jaume Plensa, that floats in Botafogo beach!!! This kind of event will start happening every 2 years until the Olympic Games in 2016.





-Art Rio: Contemporary Art Fair. Starts on Sep 13th.




Rio and Sao Paulo: counting the days to "play" with you again!!!!

(all images taken from google images)

No comments:

Post a Comment